Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 2

This weekend has definitely pushed me in a lot of ways as I begin my time in diapers.

Yesterday I went and ran some errands around town, including a trip to Wal-Mart, Target, and Barnes and Noble. The only place I was even slightly self-conscious was B&N because I felt it was quiet enough to hear the Attends. But even then I wasn't too bothered by anything because I knew that even if someone did hear it, I would likely never see them again.

Later in the evening I went to dinner with another friend and made sure to drive my car so that I would have my diaper bag with me, just in case. It's actually really interesting to see how I've started factoring the diapers into my planning, such as giving myself a few extra minutes to get ready or keeping a bag with a few changes in it with me at all times.

So anyway, we're eating dinner and I end up drinking a ton of water because we had a really spicy meal. That translated into me soaking the diaper pretty quickly. However, there was really no easy way for me to get away to change without coming out and saying that's what I was doing. So I held off and kept my fingers crossed for no leaks. Afterward dinner it was really nice out, so my friend wanted to go for a quick walk through the park. I was a little worried about too much activity with a soaking wet diaper, but went ahead with it. Luckily nothing took place and we finished our walk with no occurrences.

After that, my friend wanted to go get drinks, much like the night before. She wanted to go directly there before going home, but at that point I really needed to change or else there were going to be problems. So I convinced her to go home first and have a drink or two there and then go out. Since she lives in the apartment building next to mine, I told her I just had to run home really quick. She was slightly suspicious and kept asking why I needed to go home, but I eventually got away.

I again opted to wear a Secure X-Plus for the evening just to play it safe, and it ended up being a good decision. We drank quite a bit more than the night before, so I ended up absolutely soaking the diaper. But the Secure was great and lasted me through the entire night until I got home and changed into a fresh Attends for bed.

Today has been pretty calm so far. Woke up late and went through my morning routine, which so far has been to change out of the wet diaper, shower off, let myself air dry for awhile during the rest of my morning routine, rub in some diaper cream, strap on a new one, toss some powder in, and get dressed for the day. It's a bit longer of a process than I'm used to, but nothing too extreme. And I only use the cream in the mornings for the first change of the day, so that's not too big of a factor. Anyway, had some lunch and then for the rest of the day I've been lounging around in just a t-shirt and diaper.

A couple of other observances are that holding my BMs until changing time really hasn't presented much of a problem so far. I've been lucky so far that right around the times I need to go are the times I need a change, so that's worked pretty well. Also, I've noticed that it's already getting easier to pee in all situations. Going while driving is a challenge, but it's really easy to just let it dribble out as it comes whenever I'm just sitting around.

Well, things are going well so far! 2 days down, 28 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment