Saturday, June 6, 2009

Day 1

It's been a pretty interesting first day...

First off, let me begin by saying that the Attends have held up really well. They're really comfortable and they're not bulky or anything, so they're pretty unnoticeable visually. However, I had no idea that they would be so loud! I've never worn any diapers that were quite this crinkly and I definitely wasn't prepared for it. It kind of made me rethink the Attends decision because I feel like every step I take, the crinkles scream that I'm wearing a diaper. But I've already stocked up with two cases of them, so it looks like I'm stuck in them for the duration. We'll see how that goes.

So anyway, after I left off yesterday, item number 1 on the agenda was to go upstairs and prepare myself. I began by shaving the diaper area to help avoid rashes and then showered off. Before I knew it, I was diapered up and had begun the "experiment." And literally five minutes after I strapped the first one on and was getting used to the sound and feel of it, I had a knock on my door that ended up being my friend wanting to hang out. At first I was really nervous that she would automatically hear them, so I suggested we go to more populated places with more background noise.

We decided on going to get sno cones and then eventually getting dinner. All the while I was also focusing on going when I needed to go.  Any time I felt the urge to pee, I went and prayed each time that I wouldn't spring a leak. Luckily, I chose a good brand and I never had a problem. However, this was lesson number one for me as I learned that I needed to pack a diaper bag and have it ready to go at a moment's notice.

When we got home we decided to get some friends together for drinks at a local bar for the evening and went our separate ways for a few hours. First thing I did was change my soaked Attends. Although they held everything well, they still were really bunched up from being so wet so it felt really good to get a clean, dry diaper on. I was a little worried about the Attends' ability to hold up to a night of drinking though, so I decided to cheat a little and changed into a Secure X-Plus, which I happened to have a few of already. I still packed up a diaper bag and brought it with me to the bar, but I didn't want to have any alcohol-induced floods that would embarrass me on the first night. I'm not that much of a drinker, but I would rather be safe than sorry.

So it went pretty uneventful. I ended up only drinking a beer and we didn't stay out too late. So I was home well before the Secure was full. In fact, it was so dry that I decided to just wear it to bed and get back in Attends in the morning.

So far today has been pretty uneventful as well. I got up and showered and changed into a fresh diaper and then I've spent the day doing laundry and cleaning the apartment. Mostly lounging in a t-shirt and diaper though, which is extremely comfortable. Still haven't had any awkward moments or even had to change anywhere other than my own apartment yet, but it's still early. I still need to run a few errands around town and then will probably end up getting together with friends tonight, so I'm sure I'll have plenty to tell tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment